Throughout the month, Eurofins Central Laboratory, a member of Eurofins BioPharma Services, stands with the American Cancer Society to recognize January as Cervical Cancer Awareness Month. According to the World Health Organization (WHO):
Cervical cancer is the fourth most frequent cancer in women, with an estimated 570,000 new cases in 2018.
Although this number is at a higher rate than we would like, the mortality rate for this type of cancer can be reduced by several preventative measures including early diagnosis, effective screening and treatment programs.
While it remains unclear what the cause is of cervical cancer, most deaths related to the disease can be avoided if found with early intervention; vaccinations in young girls against human papilloma virus (HPV), cervical treatments, and removal of pre-cancerous lesions or cells.
Eurofins BioPharma Services includes all of the six divisions below to fulfill your clinical trial needs:
- Eurofins Genomics - Dedicated specialty laboratories with genomics analysis
- Eurofins Bioanalytical Services - Small and large molecular bioanalytical analysis
- Eurofins Optimed - Early development services
- Eurofins Central Laboratory - Global clinical trial support (safety, efficacy, biomarkers, kits/specimen management)
- Eurofins Viracor - Dedicated specialty laboratories based upon your Immunology/Virology needs
- Eurofins Biomnis - Dedicated specialty laboratories based upon your Pathology/Women's Health needs
As a dedicated full-service central laboratory providing support to a broad range of customers, Eurofins has built expertise in numerous therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Cardiovascular, Infectious Disease, Rheumatology and Central Nervous System (CNS).
Eurofins BioPharma Services has supported a multitude of sponsors and protocols within the therapeutic area of Oncology/Hematology. Those indications include:
- Colorectal Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Solid tumors
- Metastatic Melanoma
- Gastro-esophageal Cancer
- Refractory Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Skin Cancer
- Unknown Primary Cancer
- Hematologic Malignancies
- Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma (PDAC)
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- B-cell Lineage Non Hodgkin Lymphoma (B NHL)
- Acute Lymphoid Leukemia
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Metastatic
- Ovarian Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- HER2 expression levels and mutations
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma
We at Eurofins Central Laboratory look forward to being a part of the journey to finding a cure for all of these illnesses, and participating in the on-going research and development towards that end. Feel free to reach out to us to begin the conversation!