In 2017, China became the world's second-largest national pharmaceutical market, due to its aging population and rising medical needs. In its ongoing commitment to adapt to emerging trends in the pharmaceutical industry, Eurofins Central Laboratory, a member of Eurofins BioPharma Services, has expanded its facility in Shanghai, China.
Since 2015, the China National Drug Administration (CNDA), formerly China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA), has increased its focus on quality driven laboratory data, revising regulations, and creating new enforcement standards. In light of these events, companies have engaged international central lab providers, like Eurofins, to ensure quality data is produced to global standards.
Eurofins Central Laboratory continuously monitors both data quality and laboratory operations in its Shanghai, China, facility in accordance with GCP, GLP, CAP and NGSP Level 1 accreditations. This focused effort on quality operations is reflected with the Shanghai location having successful CNDA inspections twice, with no major findings, in the last three years.
Be sure to check out our winter BioPharma Services newsletter for the full article, and all things related to:
- Eurofins offers Integrated Drug Discovery programme options
- ISO 18562 Standards reduce hazards for Medical Device Breathing Pathways
- Don't get lost in EU Medical Device regulation harmonization
- Engineering APIs to improve bioavailability
- Analytical considerations for administering drugs using food vehicles
- Eurofins expands Central Laboratory Shanghai facility
To read the full newsletter, click here.